Tyneham & Worbarrow
… where time stopped in 1943
Initially built as a small bungalow, in about 1921, the Bungalow was extended over the years and by 1943 was a sizeable residence. It was home to Mary Jane Wheeler, widow of John Wheeler, a Midlands' cotton magnate. After she died in 1933 her four adopted children continued to visit with their families and friends.
At the time of the evacuation in December 1943, Miss Maud Ellis was living at The Bungalow.