PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
The Bond Family lived at various times at Tyneham House.
Thomas Bond (1807-
Thomas Bond was living at Tyneham House in 1871.
William Henry Bond (1852-1935)
William was born at South Petherton on 27 May 1852 and baptised there on 15 July 1852.
William grew up at South Petherton where his father was Vicar from a1832 or before until his death in 1875.
William married Mary Caroline Meysey Thompson (1851–1949) at St Marylebone.
William and Mary lived at Fryern Court, Burgate near Fordingbridge.
William and Mary had two sons and three daughters:
William owned Tyneham House from 1898.
In 1937 his widow Mary visited Norway with daughter Margaret.
Algernon Arthur Garneys Bond (1879-1911)
Algernon, known as Algy, was born 21 June 1879.
He was severely wounded in the South African War.
William Ralph Garneys Bond (1880-1952)
Known as Ralph, he was educated at Eton and New College, Oxford. He served in the Sudan political service from 1905 to 1926 and was governor of Fung (1922-24) and of Dongola (1924-26). He was a Justice of the Peace for Dorset, having qualified at the 1927 Midsummer Quarter Sessions, and was a member of the Wareham and Purbeck Rural Council. He was High Sheriff of Dorset in 1945.
Ralph married Evelyn Isabel Bond nee Blake (1884-1954). Evelyn was the person who pinned the note on to the church door in 1943 saying ‘’Please treat the church and houses with care. We have given up our homes where many of us lived for generations to help win the war to keep men free. We shall return one day and thank you for treating the village kindly’.
After the evacuation, Ralph and Evelyn moved to Moigne Combe House, built by Henry Pomeroy Bond in 1900.
Ralph and Evelyn had two children:
Henry Mark Garneys Bond (1922-2017)
Known as Mark, he was the son of Ralph and Evelyn Bond. He later served in Royal Green Jackets and became Major-General and Brigadier. He was High Sheriff of Dorset in 1977. He lived at Moigne Combe House until his death in 2017.
Elizabeth Mary Garneys Bond (1921-2010)
Elizabeth was the daughter of Ralph and Evelyn Bond. She married David Philip Williams, Third Baronet of Bridehead. She was High Sheriff of Dorset in 1979. In later years she lived at The Stable House, Moigne Combe.