The Wrixon Family lived at Povington from c.1916 to 1943
Thomas Walter Wrixon (1885-1960)
Thomas was born at Netherbury, Dorset on 2 February 1985. His father
Thomas married Eva May Gundry (1885-1967) at West Knighton, Dorset on 20 January 1913. Eva was the daughter of William Chillcott Read Gundry (1841–1915) and Sarah Ann Gundry nee Cheney (1845–1909) .
Thomas and Eva had five children:
- Frederick Thomas Walter Wrixon (1913–1996) – Fred
- Kathleen M ‘Kathy’ Wrixon (1916–1962?) – Kathy taught at Tyneham School where there was no talking, and knuckles were rapped when the pen was held incorrectly for handwriting – Kathy married Cyril Eyres Barnes (1912-1999) and they had two sons and a daughter.
- Walter George Wrixon (1919–1995) – Walter was farming at Povington Farm in September 1939 –
- William Kenneth Wrixon (1922–1998) – Little Billy
- Leonard John Wrixon (1925–2001) – Len
Thomas moved to Hillside Old Hill Wincanton Somerset where he died on 24 February 1960. His widow Eva died in 1967.