Please be aware the ruined shell of Rectory Cottages has now been fenced off for safety reasons but can be viewed from a short distance.
The Rectory Cottages were the actual Rectory until around 1880 when the new Rectory was built. In the summer months the Rector would often live in theses cottages while the new Rectory was let to supplement the Rector’s stipend.
The rectory cottages, a very ancient building, filled the west side of the yard. They served as a rectory before Nathaniel Bond, the builder of the school, replaced them by the present parsonage house some 80 years ago.Lilian Bond 1956
In 1911 one of the Rectory Cottages was home to the Biles family.
Page last updated: 14 April 2020