Rose Cottage

Home|Worbarrow|Coastguard Station|Fern Hollow|Gate Cottages|Hill Cottage|Mintern’s Cottage|Rose Cottage|Sea Cottage|Sheepleaze|The Bungalow

Rose Cottage was home to Jack & Miggie Miller until 1913 and was named after Miggie – her maiden name was Rose. The small cottage had roses growing around the door.

From White Rose Cottage and the Minterns’ house a footpath crossed the little close beside the gardens, dropped to the stream and passing by the garden of Fern Hollow joined the road near Tizzards’.

Lilian Bond

In her book, “Tyneham: A Lost Heritage”, Lilian Bond wrote in 1956:

‘The earliest caravan arrived at Worbarrow over fifty years ago and caused a small sensation. Its owners, the three sisters Thompson, drove it from Surrey with a hired horse and parked it in the field by White Rose Cottage.

Rose Cottage

Rose Cottage was later home to Arthur Stockley and family.

Page last updated: 26 August 2020

Comments are closed.