Tyneham & Worbarrow

… where time stopped in 1943

Dorset ONLINE

Parish Clerks Network

Parish Registers


Baptisms

1694 - 1841

1842 -1864

1865-1903

Marriages

1694 - 1841

1840- 1921

Burials

1734 - 1812

1813 - 1942


All of these registers are deposited at the Dorset History Centre.

In his book ‘Tyneham in Purbeck’, Reg Saville states:

“The Parish Registers of Tyneham nowadays commence at 1694, though the first burial recorded is 1734. Hutchins stated that the earliest register he saw commenced in 1654. He also quotes a burial of 1713, so at least one book has been lost since the mid-eighteenth century, and the copy of it, known as the Bishop’s Transcript, was destroyed by rioting agricultural labourers in the nineteenth century in Blandford, where the Consistory Court was based.”