Quickly see the Opening Dates for Tyneham with our quick glance calendars.
The opening dates are highlighted in green and refer only to the Range Walks.
On what days is Tyneham open?
Please note Tyneham Car Park, Tyneham Church, Tyneham Farm and Tyneham School are remaining CLOSED until further notice in light of Covid-19.
Tyneham and the Lulworth Range Walks are open most weekends and all main public holidays.
They are open to the public each weekend in 2020 except for the following weekends:
- 22 and 23 February 2020 – CLOSED
- 14 and 15 March 2020 – CLOSED
- 13 and 14 June 2020 – CLOSED
- 19 and 20 September 2020 – CLOSED
- 3 and 4 October 2020 – CLOSED
- 14 and 15 November 2020 – CLOSED
In addition to the weekends, they are open every day during the following holiday periods –
- Christmas: 21 December 2019 – 5 January 2020
- Easter: 4 April 2020 – 19 April 2020
- May Day: 8 May 2020
- Spring: 25 May 2020 – 31 May 2020
- Summer: 21 July 2020 – 31 August 2020
- Christmas: 19 December 2020 – 3 January 2021
What times is Tyneham open?
On the days when Tyneham is open:
- The Elmes Grove gate that allows vehicle access to Tyneham is opened at 9am each day and is locked each evening at dusk.
- The gates to the walks are opened around 4.30pm on Friday and closed at 8am on Monday (when only open at weekends).
- The exhibitions in Tyneham Church, Tyneham Farm and Tyneham School open at 10am and close at 4pm.
The opening dates and firing times are subject to last-minute change. Please phone 01929 404714 to listen to an answering machine that will give up-to-date access information to callers.
For further enquiries please phone 01929 404912.