William Upshall (1897-1973), known as Bill, lived with his wife Winifred Mary Upshall nee Symons (1902-1985) in the Shepherd’s Cottage at No. 4 The Row from 1924 to 1929.
Bill was born at Winterbourne Clemstone near Blandford on and was baptised there on . The family then moved to Hazelbury Bryan.
Bill married Winfred in 1921 and a photograph of them on their wedding day is pictured on the storyboard on the wall of Shepherd’s Cottage.
Bill and Winifred had five children:
By 1939, Bill and Winifred had moved to Studland.