On what days is Tyneham open?
Tyneham and the Lulworth Range Walks are open most weekends and all main public holidays.
They are open to the public each weekend in 2018 except for the following six weekends:
- 13 and 14 January 2018 – CLOSED
- 24 and 25 February 2018 – CLOSED
- 17 and 18 March 2018 – CLOSED
- 13 and 14 October 2018 – CLOSED
- 10 and 11 November 2018 – CLOSED
- 8 and 9 December 2018 – CLOSED
In addition to the weekends, they are open every day during the following holiday periods –
- Easter: 30 March – 15 April 2017
- Spring: 26 May – 3 June 2017
- Summer: 27 July – 2 September 2017
- Christmas: 22 December 2017 – 6 January 2018
What times is Tyneham open?
On the days when Tyneham is open:
- The Elmes Grove gate that allows vehicle access to Tyneham is opened at 9am each day and is locked each evening at dusk.
- The gates to the walks are opened around 9am on Saturday and closed at 8am on Monday (when only open at weekends).
- The exhibitions in Tyneham Church, Tyneham Farm and Tyneham School open at 10am and close at 4pm.
The opening dates and firing times are subject to last-
Enquiries should be made in writing to: