The School House is at 1 The Row. In the grounds of the school house stands the flag staff. After the school closed, the school house was also known as Flagstaff Cottage.
From 1895 to 1907, the School House was home to teacher Annie Fry.
From 1907 to 1921 the teacher was Norah Woodman – see Woodman family page. Norah lived in the School House with her parents and sister.
From 1921 to 1928 the School House was home to Malvina Pritchard and her son Arthur – see Pritchard family page.
From 1928 to 1932 the teacher was Leonora Hearne.
After 1932, when the Tyneham School was closed, sisters Helen and Charlotte Hole lived in the School House and referred to it as Flagstaff Cottage – see the Hole family page.
By December 1943, the cottage had already been requisitioned by the NAAFI.